Are you planning to visit Utrecht? Finding free or cheaper on-street parking in the center of Utrecht is not easy these days.
If you are not careful where you park or if you are not aware of the parking rules, parking in Utrecht can quickly become expensive.
Hereunder, we give you the best parking tips to park for free or cheaper in Utrecht. Jump to the section you are interested in to save money and time!
- Parking rules in Utrecht - Cheaper parking
- Park cheaper when you go shopping - Oudegracht
- Free parking close to Centraal Station of Utrecht
- Park cheaper - Railway Museum
- Park cheaper - Centraal Museum
- Free parking in the outskirts of Utrecht
Parking rules in Utrecht - Cheaper parking
Parking in the center of Utrecht is very expensive, even for just a few hours.
The red and orange streets on the parking map above are paid parking zones. Hours and rates depend on the parking zone you are in. Click on the link above for more information about parking in Utrecht.
To park cheaper, favor orange parking zones that are cheaper than the red ones (most expensive paid street parking).
To park for free in Utrecht, look for a green parking zone, where parking is free and unlimited in time.
Parking is forbidden in the black parking zones on the map. In the purple parking zones you can only park if you have a resident card.
Free or cheaper parking zones in Utrecht can be easily found on Seety's interactive parking map, simply by opening the app. The app is 100% free. Click here to download the app.
Soon on-street parking payment in Utrecht (and many other cities!) will be available through the Seety app. Very convenient if there is no free parking near your destination! Do you want to get notified when the payment feature will be available? Subscribe to our waiting list now!
Click here for detailed information about the parking rules and fares in Utrecht.
Park cheaper when you go shopping - Oudegracht
The old buildings and beautiful streets make Utrecht a great shopping city!
Unfortunately, the streets where parking is allowed in the Oudegracht area or the Kort Jansstraat and Domstraat are the most expensive parking zones in Utrecht.
Luckily, there are free or cheaper alternatives within 20-30 minutes walking distance from the Oudegracht.
- Free parking near Oudegracht in Jacob Catsstraat (20 minutes from Oudegracht by foot)
- Free parking near Oudegracht in Ondiep (25 minutes from Oudegracht by foot)
- Park cheaper near Oudegracht inHarpstraat (20 minutes from Oudegracht by foot)
- Park cheaper near Oudegracht in Wolter Heukelslaan (15 minutes from Oudegracht by foot)
The green parking zones are free and without time restrictions (Jacob Catsstraat & Ondiep). Do you want to park closer? Look for the orange parking zones on the map (Harpstraat). Orange parking zones are the cheapest paid parking zones.
These parking tips also apply if you want to visit the Dom of Utrecht, which is not far from Oudegracht.
Free parking close to Centraal Station of Utrecht
Are you looking for cheaper on-street parking near the Central Station of Utrecht?
Fortunately, there is a green parkingzone about 10 minutes on foot from the station, around the Veilinghavenkade.
A green parkingzone means that you can park there for free without any time limitation.
Park cheaper - Railway Museum
Do you wish to visit the Railway Museum of Utrecht?
Unfortunately, there are no free parking areas close to the Railway Museum, but there are cheaper alternatives if you are prepared to walk 10 minutes:
- Park cheaper near the Railway Museum in Abstederdijk
- Park cheaper near the Railway Museum in Prinsenstraat
Park cheaper - Centraal Museum
Are you planning to visit one of the exhibitions of the Centraal Museum of Utrecht?
Then we will give you free or cheaper parking alternatives close by:
- Free parking near Centraal Museum in the Huygensstraat (20 minutes walking distance)
- Free parking near Centraal Museum in the Kariboestraat (20 minutes walking distance)
- Cheaper parking near Centraal Museum in the Saturnusstraat (10 minutes walking distance)
Free parking in the outskirts of Utrecht
The outskirts of Utrecht are green parking zones, where you can park for free and without time limit.
- Free parking in Oud Hoograven
- Free parking in Transwijk-Noord
- Free parking in Wolga-en Donaudreef
- Free parking in Voordorp en Voorveldsepolder
- Free parking in Ondiep
Finding a cheaper or free parking zone in Utrecht is very easy with Seety. Open the app and access all parking info.
Do you wish to be the first to use the payment functionality? Subscribe to our waiting list now!