The fee or parking ticket is issued by the municipality contrary to a parking fine or a report that is issued by the police. The fee in Saint-Josse is usually 25€.
To dispute your parking fee, you must follow the specific procedure of the municipality or the specialized company who manages it. In this case: Rauwers
Why could you challenge a parking fee?
Contest a parking ticket is always possible if you have a good reason. Here are some examples (non-exhaustive list):
- Parking meter out of order (the one nearby too). The law then implies to put the blue disc.
- You were in the process of paying the ticket machine when you received the fee.
- Defect in form (eg error in the date, in the license plate, in the address, or the reason for the fee).
- You were loading or unloading material. Your car was therefore legally "stopped" and not "parked".
- Your car has been stolen (do not forget to join the theft report).
How to dispute a parking fee?
- Complete the online form.
- Or send the dated and signed claim by mail or e-mail.
Mention in your complaint:
- Last name and first name
- Objet of the complaint
- Precise parking address
- Fee number
- License plate number
Deadline for contest and payment
- Contest deadline: no official deadline to contest a parking fee in Saint-Josse.
- Payment deadline: 10 days (from the date of the parking ticket).
- First reminder: no extra charges.
- Second reminder: fee increased by € 15.
- After the second reminder, a legal civil procedure will be established and additional charges could be added.
Contacts to submit the complaint
- Contest form
- Adress: Société Rauwers – Rue Royale Sainte-Marie, 1, 1030 Brussels
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 02 210 20 20
- Municipality website
- Rauwers website
How to avoid parking tickets?
You want to reduce risks to get a parking ticket in the future? Check the parking rules for Saint-Josse here.
Police parking fine
Parking fines issued by the police are related to violations of the highway code and are not the responsibility of the municipality. If you received a parking fine, you can challenge it by returning the reply form that accompanies the ticket. You will find more information on the difference between a fine and a parking fee here.