The fee or parking ticket (also called FPS for “Forfait de Post-Stationnement”) is issued by the municipality contrary to a parking fine or a report that is issued by the police. The FPS in Bordeaux is € 30 or € 35 depending on the area.
To dispute your parking fee, you must follow the specific procedure of the municipality or the specialized company who manages it. In this case: Moovia.
Why could you challenge a parking fee?
Contest a FPS is always possible if you have a good reason. Here are some examples (non-exhaustive list):
- Parking meter out of order (the one nearby too). The law then implies to put the blue disc.
- You were in the process of paying the ticket machine when you received the fee.
- Defect in form (eg error in the date, in the license plate, in the address, or the reason for the fee).
- You were loading or unloading material. Your car was therefore legally "stopped" and not "parked".
- Your car has been stolen (do not forget to join the theft report).
How to dispute a parking fee?
- You must file a RAPO (Recours Administratif Préalable Obligatoire) via the online form.
- Or send the complaint dated and signed by registered mail via an downloadable form available online or at City Hall.
- Mention in your complaint:
- Last name and first name
- Objet of the complaint
- Precise parking address
- Fee number
- License plate number
- Attach the FPS (the notice received by post and not the one affixed to your windshield).
- Attach the proof of your right (eg proof of payment to the parking meter)
Deadline for contest and payment
- Contest deadline: 1 month (from the date of the FPS).
- The department responsible for the FPS has one month to make a decision. A non-response is equivalent to a rejection of the claim.
- If the decision does not suit you, you have one month to appeal to the CCSP (Commission du Contentieux de Stationnement Payant).
- Payment deadline: 3 months (from the date of the FPS).
- After 3 months, fee will be increase by € 50 and a legal civil procedure will be established.
- Minus FPS: directly at the parking meter
- Online form for a non-minus FPS (or after 24 hours)
Procedure for inserting the claim
- RAPO - Online form
- Form downloadable online
- Adress: Egis parking - 15 avenue du Centre - CS 20538 Guyancourt - 78286 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines Cedex
- Municipality website
- Moovia website
How to avoid parking tickets?
You want to reduce risks to get a parking ticket in the future? Check the parking rules for Bordeaux here.
Police parking fine
Parking fines issued by the police are related to violations of the highway code and are not the responsibility of the municipality. If you received a parking fine, you can challenge it by returning the reply form that accompanies the ticket. You will find more information on the difference between a fine and a parking fee here.