On-street parking can be a bit confusing especially in the Region of Brussels. Indeed, each one of the 19 municipalities have their own rules and payment methods.
Here under, you’ll find everything you need to know about on-street parking payment in Jette.
First step is to find the most advantageous parking area near your destination. For that, Seety can help. This free app displays all on-street parking information on an interactive map (free areas, prices, schedules, max stay..).
Some municipalities allow to park for a few minutes for free. The downside though is that you have to take a ticket to the parkmeter. Check here whether you can benefit from free minutes in Jette.
Second step, is to find the most suitable way to pay.
Pay at the parking meter in Jette
As everywhere, you can directly pay at the parking meter in Jette.
This option may not be the most convenient, but it is usually the cheapest.
Pay your parking with an app in Jette
Paying with an app might be more convenient although a bit more expensive than parking at the parking meter. You don’t need coins and no more rushing to the meter to extend your time. Additional benefit, you only pay the actual time of your stay, thus per minute, which is not the case when you pay at the parking meter. Don't forget to stop your parking session though !
In Jette several payment apps are available: 4411,Yellowbrick, Whoosh and PayByPhone.
Note that you should register first in order to use the different services.
With the Whoosh app you have to pay transaction costs but they are one of the lowest.
- Transaction costs of 0,23€
- Start a new session, select the nearest meter on the map and start a parking session
- Note that you can only pay by credit card Coverage in Brussels is a bit better than OPnGO but still limited (4 municipalities).
More info about Whoosh here.
Payment app with the biggest coverage in Belgium.
- Transaction costs of 0,25€
- Start a new session and enter the zone code either manually or with the localisation tool
- Note that if your phone operator is Proximus, Scarlet or Orange, you can add your parking fees to your operator bill
More info about 4411 here.
You can also choose to pay your parking with the PayByPhone app in Jette.
- Transaction costs amount of 0,20€
- Start a new session and choose your duration time just as you would at the parking ticket machine.
- Note however that the coverage is low in Brussels
More info over PayByPhone here.
Last option to pay your parking in Jette. But be careful that this app has a registration cost of 10€.
- Transaction costs of 0,30€
- Start a new session and select the zone code you are in from the suggested list
Yellowbrick has the biggest coverage in Brussels (8 municipalities) and one of the biggest one in Belgium.
More info over Yellowbrick here.
Pay your parking by text message in Jette
Third option to pay your parking in Jette is by sending an SMS. Usually more expensive than paying with an app but very handy if you have no smartphone or if you don’t want to install another app. You also pay per minute with this option. Don't forget to stop your parking session once you leave your parking spot.
- Transaction costs of 0,30€
- Send an SMS to start/end the session to 4411 Important fact: You don’t need to register beforehand if you have a Proximus, Scarlet or Orange as phone operator.
More info over 4411 here.